Let’s start with an introduction to criminal justice schools
It is a given that everyone wants a career that will someday enhance their own personal development and lifestyle. And if you’re someone who is interested in pursuing a career in the field of security, law, or safety, criminal justice schools are the best option for you. These types of colleges and institutions prepare students to handle major issues that they would face later when they move on with their career.
Why should I choose a career in criminal justice?
Did you know that criminal justice has become one of the more successful and fastest moving careers in the field of education? This has significantly increased its popularity among candidates seeking options to improve their future situation.
So, what type of programs are offered at such schools?
The programs that are offered by such criminal justice schools are as follows:
- Certifications in criminal justice
- Associate’s degree in criminal justice
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- Master’s degree in criminal justice
Yes, I want a career in this field! But I don’t know which schools are the best criminal justice schools in the US…
This is the million dollar question asked by many students. Don’t just apply to any college because you interested in working in criminal justice. There are many low quality institutions, especially when you look at some of the online criminal justice schools. Go for an accredited institution that has a good reputation.
Some of the best criminal justice schools in the US are as follows:
- University of Phoenix
- Virginia College
- Capella University
- Grand Canyon University
Search for schools in our search box that you can see at the top of the page. You will find accredited schools there. We believe that quality education should be a priority.
What are the requirements that I should fulfill to get admitted to any top criminal justice schools?
Here is a list of criteria that you should fulfill to get admitted to colleges:
- You should have a proof of your previous schooling or a previous school report card
- A permanent transcript is a must
- You should be a permanent citizen of the US
- You should not have any criminal history or background
- You should have vaccination proof for Tuberculosis and other diseases as per the requirements of the college
I work full time — do I have any online options?
Definitely yes. Understanding the pace of world, the growing popularity of this career sector, and utilizing the help of the latest technology, many reputable institutions have provided online options for you. Such online criminal justice schools are based on the goal of serving students who want to be a criminal justice worker but cannot begin a career due to lack of time, money of other factors. Such web based facilities enable distance learning, learning at your convenience and an easier way of getting into a campus experience. This is the main reason many students prefer online reading over the conventional method.
What are the benefits of criminal justice schools online?
They are very flexible. Some of the benefits of online criminal justice schools are:
- Study at your convenience
There will be no fixed schedule, so you can choose study time at your convenience — no matter whether you want to study late at night or early morning. And if you feel like completing your courses during weekends and finishing them faster, this option is also available for you.
- Distance doesn’t matter
Distance really doesn’t matter here. You can complete your course easily even if you live in any remote part of the US. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
- Continue your job at the same time
This is the best of both worlds. You can still be a criminal justice student without quitting your job.
- Save money
This is the biggest advantage a criminal justice school online can provide you. Online classes are cheaper and a lot more affordable than traditional classes. Also, you can also save money on transportation, books, study materials and other educational expenses.
Okay, I want a career in criminal justice. How do I find the right criminal justice school for me?
Finding the right school is a tedious task. Always look for accredited colleges that have a good reputation. Check the ranking of the college, recheck the accreditation and only then apply for admission. Researching a lot of options is a good way to find top online criminal justice programs.
But our site criminaljusticeschoolsreview.com has made the work a lot simpler for you. We provide a wide range of top colleges and universities that are offering online and offline services to you. You only have to search for the college in your city in the search box above the page, answer all the questions asked there and we will provide you with best criminal justice school for you.
Which body provides accreditation to criminal justice colleges and universities?
Accreditation is either provided by the Distance Education Training Council, or by relevant bodies in your state.
The regional accreditation bodies are:
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Schools and Colleges
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Give me some tips for choosing the best criminal justice schools
- Go to schools with accreditation
- Pay attention to the reputation of the school
- Determine the strength of the college by measuring factors such as the school’s resources, learning materials, affiliations, programs, internships, facilities, etc.
- Measure the cost of the program.
- Analyze if any hidden costs should be factored into your studies.
- Search for a flexible option
- Contact your school directly
- Find help from relatives and students already at that college . Finding help from a criminal justice degree holder who has already completed his/her education is the best option.
Name some of the top online criminal justice schools
Some of the top online schools for criminal justice are as follows:
- Keiser University eCampus
- University of Phoenix
- US Career Institute
- American Intercontinental University Online
- Ashford University Online
- Lincoln College
- Salem University
- Virginia College Online
- Colorado Technical University Online
- Everest University
What is the course of study that I would have to take in an online or traditional criminal justice school?
The course includes a in depth study of some subjects such as
- White collar crime
- Forensic science
- Forensic analysis of human behavior
- Analytical methods
- Punishment and law
- Research methods
- And many other relevant subjects
What might my salary range be after I finish my schooling?
The salary highly depends upon various factors including your experiences, work ethic, the place where you choose to work and much more.
Following are brief descriptions of the annual salary a criminal justice degree holder may be able to make depending upon the post or position he/she holds.
- Corrections officer -$26,000
- Probation officer -$30,000
- ATF agent -$33,000
- US marshal -$36,000
- Customs agent -$38,000
- Private security specialist -$41,000
- DEA agent -$49,000
- Private detective -$74,000
Do you want to know what criminal justice students have to say? Read on
I had always wanted to be a police officer. Since my childhood I always wanted to help the needy. I get a lot more satisfaction when I help people through the justice system. The sense of satisfaction from the job is always great.
I’m Danielle, a resident of Arizona. The best part about online criminal schools is that they give you hands on experimental videos about training sessions and a step by step study guide.
One of the fields I just love. More than the salary, the feeling of serving mankind is more satisfactory. I expect a bright career with many more advancements to come.
We get involved with the community. We help with society. we work for the welfare of the country and we love our profession. All thanks to criminal justice schools.
Recommended Criminal Justice Schools!
The Berkeley Advantage®is part of a proven approach to career-focused education that can help students prepare for success.
- AAS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- BS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
- And more...
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science in Criminal Justice Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Technology
Discover the power of ONE COURSE A MONTH® to fit education into your busy life. Brown Mackie College’s ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule lets you focus on your course work one subject at a time.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Diploma in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice : Global Issues in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science: Criminal Justice
- And more...
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Criminal Justice & First Response - Associate
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- BS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice in Crime Scene Investigation
- AA in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Criminal Justice
- Security and Investigation Specialist
Brandman University, part of the prestigious 150-year-old Chapman University system is a private, non-profit regionally accredited university that offers a high quality education for non-traditional adult students.
At Brandman University, students can choose from over 50 undergraduate, graduate, credential and certificate programs in Arts and Sciences, Business and Professional Studies, Education and Nursing and Health professions.
- BA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice (Victim Advocacy)
- BA in Criminal Justice (Security Services)
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)