Let’s start with an introduction to criminal justice schools
It is a given that everyone wants a career that will someday enhance their own personal development and lifestyle. And if you’re someone who is interested in pursuing a career in the field of security, law, or safety, criminal justice schools are the best option for you. These types of colleges and institutions prepare students to handle major issues that they would face later when they move on with their career.
Why should I choose a career in criminal justice?
Did you know that criminal justice has become one of the more successful and fastest moving careers in the field of education? This has significantly increased its popularity among candidates seeking options to improve their future situation.
So, what type of programs are offered at such schools?
The programs that are offered by such criminal justice schools are as follows:
- Certifications in criminal justice
- Associate’s degree in criminal justice
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- Master’s degree in criminal justice
Yes, I want a career in this field! But I don’t know which schools are the best criminal justice schools in the US…
This is the million dollar question asked by many students. Don’t just apply to any college because you interested in working in criminal justice. There are many low quality institutions, especially when you look at some of the online criminal justice schools. Go for an accredited institution that has a good reputation.
Some of the best criminal justice schools in the US are as follows:
- University of Phoenix
- Virginia College
- Capella University
- Grand Canyon University
Search for schools in our search box that you can see at the top of the page. You will find accredited schools there. We believe that quality education should be a priority.
What are the requirements that I should fulfill to get admitted to any top criminal justice schools?
Here is a list of criteria that you should fulfill to get admitted to colleges:
- You should have a proof of your previous schooling or a previous school report card
- A permanent transcript is a must
- You should be a permanent citizen of the US
- You should not have any criminal history or background
- You should have vaccination proof for Tuberculosis and other diseases as per the requirements of the college
I work full time — do I have any online options?
Definitely yes. Understanding the pace of world, the growing popularity of this career sector, and utilizing the help of the latest technology, many reputable institutions have provided online options for you. Such online criminal justice schools are based on the goal of serving students who want to be a criminal justice worker but cannot begin a career due to lack of time, money of other factors. Such web based facilities enable distance learning, learning at your convenience and an easier way of getting into a campus experience. This is the main reason many students prefer online reading over the conventional method.
What are the benefits of criminal justice schools online?
They are very flexible. Some of the benefits of online criminal justice schools are:
- Study at your convenience
There will be no fixed schedule, so you can choose study time at your convenience — no matter whether you want to study late at night or early morning. And if you feel like completing your courses during weekends and finishing them faster, this option is also available for you.
- Distance doesn’t matter
Distance really doesn’t matter here. You can complete your course easily even if you live in any remote part of the US. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
- Continue your job at the same time
This is the best of both worlds. You can still be a criminal justice student without quitting your job.
- Save money
This is the biggest advantage a criminal justice school online can provide you. Online classes are cheaper and a lot more affordable than traditional classes. Also, you can also save money on transportation, books, study materials and other educational expenses.
Okay, I want a career in criminal justice. How do I find the right criminal justice school for me?
Finding the right school is a tedious task. Always look for accredited colleges that have a good reputation. Check the ranking of the college, recheck the accreditation and only then apply for admission. Researching a lot of options is a good way to find top online criminal justice programs.
But our site criminaljusticeschoolsreview.com has made the work a lot simpler for you. We provide a wide range of top colleges and universities that are offering online and offline services to you. You only have to search for the college in your city in the search box above the page, answer all the questions asked there and we will provide you with best criminal justice school for you.
Which body provides accreditation to criminal justice colleges and universities?
Accreditation is either provided by the Distance Education Training Council, or by relevant bodies in your state.
The regional accreditation bodies are:
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Schools and Colleges
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Give me some tips for choosing the best criminal justice schools
- Go to schools with accreditation
- Pay attention to the reputation of the school
- Determine the strength of the college by measuring factors such as the school’s resources, learning materials, affiliations, programs, internships, facilities, etc.
- Measure the cost of the program.
- Analyze if any hidden costs should be factored into your studies.
- Search for a flexible option
- Contact your school directly
- Find help from relatives and students already at that college . Finding help from a criminal justice degree holder who has already completed his/her education is the best option.
Name some of the top online criminal justice schools
Some of the top online schools for criminal justice are as follows:
- Keiser University eCampus
- University of Phoenix
- US Career Institute
- American Intercontinental University Online
- Ashford University Online
- Lincoln College
- Salem University
- Virginia College Online
- Colorado Technical University Online
- Everest University
What is the course of study that I would have to take in an online or traditional criminal justice school?
The course includes a in depth study of some subjects such as
- White collar crime
- Forensic science
- Forensic analysis of human behavior
- Analytical methods
- Punishment and law
- Research methods
- And many other relevant subjects
What might my salary range be after I finish my schooling?
The salary highly depends upon various factors including your experiences, work ethic, the place where you choose to work and much more.
Following are brief descriptions of the annual salary a criminal justice degree holder may be able to make depending upon the post or position he/she holds.
- Corrections officer -$26,000
- Probation officer -$30,000
- ATF agent -$33,000
- US marshal -$36,000
- Customs agent -$38,000
- Private security specialist -$41,000
- DEA agent -$49,000
- Private detective -$74,000
Do you want to know what criminal justice students have to say? Read on
I had always wanted to be a police officer. Since my childhood I always wanted to help the needy. I get a lot more satisfaction when I help people through the justice system. The sense of satisfaction from the job is always great.
I’m Danielle, a resident of Arizona. The best part about online criminal schools is that they give you hands on experimental videos about training sessions and a step by step study guide.
One of the fields I just love. More than the salary, the feeling of serving mankind is more satisfactory. I expect a bright career with many more advancements to come.
We get involved with the community. We help with society. we work for the welfare of the country and we love our profession. All thanks to criminal justice schools.
Recommended Criminal Justice Schools!
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- A.A. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration/Human Services for Criminal Justice
- B.S in Criminal Justice Administration/Cybercrimes
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Criminal Justice - Law
- MS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its seven colleges: Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences, Undergraduate Studies, The Art Institute of California and Western State College of Law as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Legal Studies (partially online) (BS)
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania. We offer certificate and bachelor's and master's degree programs in a wide variety of fields that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Legal Studies: Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Legal Studies: Law and Public Policy
- Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence: Legal Studies
- And more...
DeVry University provides quality education that employers respect, and is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association (ncahlc.org), the same organization that accredits many other well-known public and private schools.
- Bachelor's - Justice Administration
Continue your education with Strayer University. We offer convenient degree options designed with the working adult in mind — study online, on campus in the evening and weekends, or through a combination of both.
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BSCJ: Criminal Justice Admin
- BBA: Legal Studies
- And more...
- Master of Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Human Services - Criminal Justice
- Ph.D. in Social Work - Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- And more...
Keiser University offers accredited degree programs in today's in demand careers: Healthcare, Technology, Paralegal, Business, Nursing and Legal Studies.
- Criminal Justice, MA (Online)